Sunday, September 19, 2021

The Shawl That Grew in the Closet

 It may not seem like it at times that I am making progress.  In 2009 I started making changes to my diet and lifestyle.  I cut out aspartame and all artificial sweeteners. As time went on I made more changes like cutting back on sugar and carbs.  Recently I cut out red meat and most fats. I also started moving more.  The more I move, the more I lost and the more I moved.  It’s a very slow cycle.  I was trying to to do anything to make my arthritis better. I did a lot of reading.  I was not even trying to lose any weight.  At about the same time I knit this shawl in the largest size.  It barely fit. I used a small knot to hold it in place.  I was a size 4X at the time.  

Fast forward to September 2021, I am no longer a 4X.  Depending on the designer I wear any size from medium to XL. I am on a lot less medication and don’t have to take aspirin all the time. This was my main goal.  Everything else was just a bonus.  The shawl that just fit, well just look at the way the shawl fits today. It’s down at my hips.   I know that my face is a bit square today, that’s what my Sjogren’s  looks like during a flare up. So no smiles today.  



No comments:

Post a Comment