Monday, June 14, 2010

Not a Cookie in Sight

There was not a cookie in sight but I decided to to some very deep cleaning anyway today. Well maybe not so deep, an area of of about 1 square foot covered with 12 inches or so of papers. It took a long time to get that deep. From the papers on the bottom of the stack, I would say about 2 years. I did find my way to the counter top; but the best part was I put 1 box of papers in the recycle barrel and shredded 1 1/2 bags of other stuff.

The lesson I learned from the whole process today was you can get rid of paper. It really does not hurt. It is fun to fill the recycle bin as full as possible. Next time though I am going to get a box of cookies or make a small pan of brownies to quell my anxiety about the cleaning process.

I do come from a long line of pack rats, I know this because I have help clean out a house or 2 in my time and do not intend to let Teri deal with my mess of papers and unneeded objects. I am trying to do my best not to follow in their foot steps.

For those in the U.S. I hope you had a great Flag Day. Well have a great evening and enjoy your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment