Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 4 of Over-tired Me

It has been 4 very long nights with Eric. Last night ended this morning at 2:30 am. I was just to darn tired to even do laundry last night. After getting Eric to camp late today.  I did take a me day today. Some knitting, walking and shopping.

I did run across a very interesting sales person today at a new store in the mall. I wanted a particular style and size they had it in stock but she would not sell it to me. The reason being she was a professional and she wanted me to wear a different style. When I explained why I wanted that particular style she told me that she still would not sell it to me a dismissed me from the store. I am sorry big company that hired you, this haughty sales lady but my money is just as green as anyone else's money and I am a few years past the point that I want to be bullied by a rude sales person. I want what I want; not what you insist on selling me. I will not be going back to your store again. By the way this was a store in Tucson, not on 5th Avenue, Rodeo Drive or other fancy local.

It is a shame that in this poor economy that companies still insist on hiring rude haughty sales people. I am quite sure I would have the same reaction to this sales person even if I had more than 16 hours of sleep in the past 4 days. No mall store can afford to turn away customers with money to spend just because the sales people want to sell something other than what the customer wants. I do understand incentive programs where you want to push a particular product, but to push a shopper out of your store without a sale just  because they won't buy the item of the day is just plain bad business.

Other than the rude sales person, I have had a fantastic day. I am too tired to nap if that makes any sense to anyone else but me. But I did take time to put my feet up and relax. I will shop for dinner after Eric's aide comes tonight. I need something light but hardy at the same time.  Well have a great evening and enjoy your families.

1 comment:

  1. That's really weird. She totally shouldn't have done that.

    ReplyDelete