Monday, February 21, 2022

Acting Up

 Last night my body decided to laugh at me. It kept me up for a good portion of the night.  I finally got to sleep around 4 am.  I slept solidly until 10am.  I just had no energy for most of the day.  All I wanted to do was sleep.  I did manage to get 3 loads of laundry done and 5 minutes of deep cleaning done.  Yes I set a timer. Even though I was exhausted I did 5 minutes figuring that it was either going to be 5 minutes or energy would mysteriously come from somewhere and I would get more done.  Yes my body laughed at me. So I folded a load of laundry and tried to nap.  I was too tired to nap so I rested with my eyes closed.  

You all knew this was coming. You knew that a few days of solid cleaning like that was just not going to end well.  Yes, you were right.  I still have about a dozen boxes to go through but I think I will take it slower.  

If you actually believe the last statement you don’t know me very well.  Decades into this thing called life with Sjogren’s,my mind and body are still at odds.  I still want my mind to win , I don’t want to slow down.  I am not ready to slow down.  I still have so much to do.  

I am really hoping to sleep tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment