Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Spin Together Day 5

 As you can tell from the picture below I spent the afternoon spinning mini batts. I managed to spin 5 mini batts today. With the 3 batts from yesterday that is 8 spun in 2 days, waiting to be plyed.  These are 4 ounce bobbins and I managed to get 6 ounces on the front left bobbin. I will try to get them all plyed and skeined after dinner.  Usually plying goes fast for me.   I would have spun more but ran out of bobbins for my woolly winder.  


This is the only plyed yarn that got skeined tonight. I am calling it shades of blue. This is a keeper for a me project.  It has a nice even balance and the coloring is fantastic.  Under traditional counting it has 182 yards. With the Spin Together 2021 rules it has 546 yards.   Which will bring me to over 1000 contest yards.  My biggest bobbins that I plyed tonight did not get skeined because it bed time, and there is always  tomorrow morning.  I also have to spin another bobbin of white plying yarn. I still have 2 bobbins that need to be plyed. I thought 6 ounces of white was going to be enough, I was wrong.  So I will fill another bobbin tomorrow.  Then ply the rest before I spin more batts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment