Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Spin Together Day 4

 You might have read or seen pictures of all the mini art batts that I made a few months ago in a bid to get my fiber stash under control.  Well I do have my first empty box that I am filling up with hand spun yarn.  I have 4 skeins of yarn in the box I emptied.  As per Spin Together rules I have 552 yards.  Each time the fiber goes through the spinning wheel orifice it counts, so  if I spin 2 singles and ply them together I multiply the total yards times three. To get my actual yardage simply divide the above number by 3.   

I also have 1 skein waiting to be plyed and am currently spinning one of the larger batts. I did not get much spinning done today.  I usually slack off after an eye doctor appointment.  Somehow getting my eyes dilated just discombobulates me so I always sleep afterwards.  I can knit while I am asleep, but I have not been able to learn to spin while sleeping.  I am really hoping to have a second box of batts emptied by noon on Saturday when the contest ends.  Wish me luck.  As you all know it depends solely on how my hands are doing in any point of time.   

All the art batts are going into hand woven scarfs.  The mohair with the exception of the pink skein will go into a shawl for me.  I really did not consider that losing the weight, inches and sizes would mean that I would need new shawls in smaller sizes.  I just assumed that they would fit me better. Some fo,


but most are looking a bit awkward.  That will be for after the contest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment