It turns out that to get the battery replaced in my current iPad will be approximately $800. With no guarantees on how long the new battery would last. So my husband did some research and using my current iPad as a trade-in, we can get a brand new iPad for about $60 more. The new iPad would come with a warranty. So we have to find time to go to the Apple Store together and buy a new iPad for replacement.
With this option, at least Apple has to deal with the recycling of the E waste. I also find it very disheartening that Apple would not encourage replacement of the battery.But instead urge people to get a new iPad when the old iPad was still in perfect condition with the new exception of the battery. This is not environmentally, friendly in my humble opinion. This reek’s of profits over the environment.
So today, I will be spending the day transcribing patterns onto paper and then sometime next few weeks if I have time putting them in making the changes and putting the new patterns up.
No comments:
Post a Comment