Saturday, September 7, 2024

Where Does Your Loyalty Belong?

 I am finally being to feel better.  I have had the same sinus infection for over a year. It has caused major health issues this year for me.  This year it has caused a major health crisis.  A surgery.  Months of required resting. Just recently I have been cleared to begin to get my body back in shape.  I am taking baby steps. 

I have had constant sinus issues since the 1960’s.  Until Covid19 hit. I never had trouble getting the help or antibiotics that I needed.  COVID19 changed a lot of people including some medical professionals.  A small number of people became irrational in respects to healthcare. Sometimes medical science was just thrown out the window. Conspiracy theories are currently the rage in some circles.  

If you find yourself in the situation where you can’t get the same level of care from your current health care provider that you got before COVID19 hit, I urge you if at all possible to find a newer and younger healthcare provider.  

Now that my sinus infection is responding to the new antibiotic, here are a few things that I have noticed.  My blood sugar levels are generally lower. They were pretty good in recent months, but are even lower which is good. I am in less pain.  Remember infections cause inflammation which results in pain and higher blood sugar levels. I have more energy.  Inflammation can make me tired.  My creative energy is back.  Yes, inflammation can mess with my creative mojo.  I am getting things done.  Last week I finished 1 spinning project and 2 charity beanies.  I am also finding it a little easier to get things done around the house.  

Now to the question at the top of the blog.  Just where does your loyalty belong.  First and foremost it belongs to you and your family.  If your provider is continuing to provide a good level of care, by all means stay with them.  If, however you find your level of care is getting a little bit wonky, just remember that you are buying a service from them.  You are under no obligation to continue to purchase care from them if they don’t meet your expectations.  By staying you are telling them that everything is perfectly ok. This can put your health in jeopardy.  This in turn puts stress on your loved ones.  

Please take care of yourself and your family.  TTFN..

No comments:

Post a Comment