Sunday, September 1, 2024

Baby Steps

 I have been given the medical clearance to start exercising again.  I am going very very slowly.  It’s been 6 1/2 months of just resting.  Being a couch potato is not good for me.  I am doing repetitions of 5 or 10 depending on the core exercises that I am doing.  I can really feel it.  My goal is not to exercise until I can’t move, but to stop when I can feel it in my muscles.  Right now that takes all of 5 minutes. 

I have resumed outdoor walking.  The very first walk I had to stop and catch my breath.  Tonight on the same walk I did not have to stop to catch my breath.  That is progress. Remember the baby steps I was talking about. I don’t think I will increase my distance this week.  I will just try and build up my strength.  

The good news is that I tried my balance exercises today and that is one area that I have not lost ground in.  I can also do those daily.  

I am not sure if I should do chair yoga or Wii Fit yoga. I think building flexibility is a must.  

I might scan the internet to see if there are any programs already set up for reconditioning.  I think I am on the right track regardless of what I find on the internet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment