Thursday, March 3, 2022

Just Wow

 I can’t tell you how many years it has been since I have not broken or split at least 3 fingernails in a day.  They say that Sjogren’s drys out everything even fingernails.  Well something amazing happened this week.  My new dermatologist suggested a nail cream called Elon. It is lanolin rich mail conditioner.  It is on the pricey side of things.  It even came with a note reminding me to write a thank you note to whom ever sent it to me.  Yeah, that kind of product.  

While I was waiting for the cream to arrive ( it is not available in Tucson), I started using Badger Cuticle Care that I got at Artemesia here in Tucson a couple of times a day. This is something that Tracy carries  in stock and will not require a thank you note to get.  

I have been using both creams a couple of times a day depending on what activity I have planned.  I use the Elon when I know I won’t need my hands for a couple of hours, it can be a little sticky. I use the Badger Cuticle Care when I will be using my hands soon because it is not sticky.  

I can already see and feel the difference in my fingernails. I did not break a fingernail today or have to use a nail file because of a snag.  Even with all the hand washing I do on a daily basis.  I know from the information that I read I will have to keep this up forever. I personally think it is well worth the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment