Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Middle of the Night Mom Duty.

Imagine be lulled to sleep after a very long day by the music of The Canadian Tenors.  Then imagine be rudely awakened by the sounds of a young man having trouble breathing.  Once the meter hit 92% I personally did not care how low it wanted to go, it was time for a breathing treatment.  I risk injury to myself when his oxygen level is so low.   He fights the treatment in shear panic.  Then it’s time to do a bit of knitting while I am waiting to give round two.  I got a good 3 inches knit, yes I am using bulky yarn and U.S. size 17 knitting needles.  Some child is going to enjoy this alpaca/ nylon blend scarf.

Then it is time for round 2. It is not a very good sign that he is just as combative.  But at least his oxygen level is up.  He did manage to tweak my left wrist on the second round. So what’s a mom to do?  Go to the kitchen and grab a soup spoon and the jar of Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter and dig in. A little late night snack and some unwind time.  With any luck Eric will be breathing well and fast asleep by the time I finish my peanut butter. Just maybe I will be ready to sleep again.  Although I am not counting on it.  There is too much noise coming from Eric’s bedroom. A second spoonful of peanut butter and I will head back.

I really hope that I don’t finish my scarf tonight.  Wish me luck. I really want to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment