Saturday, August 20, 2022

What Storm?

 On Thursday night the weather man warned of a huge multi day monsoon storm.  Well Friday morning I got up early and went to 3 different stores to stock up on a few things.  

We debated going out for lunch. We stayed home.  It did not rain.  They kept pushing the time line back.  Yes, it did rain in the usual places. Flooded in the usual places. Yes, there were stupid motorists who drove through flooded washes.  Even school bus drivers who were to green to know that they had to call dispatch if they had flood water on their routes to be give a different route to drop their riders off. The news had to look really hard for flood disasters.  We even had one news caster comment on how awful it must be for the plants and field to get water. Ah, this is a drought, the plants loved it along with the farmer on reduced water.  Free water that is not metered is always good in moderation.  

Today it mostly drizzled. We landed up with a 1/4 inch of water for 2 days of severe rain storms.  

Also I would like to officially announce that I am very tired of COVID19 and it’s variants.  People if you are sick stay home.  I am so sick of staying home most of the time to avoid getting COVID19.  I want my life back.  I want to eat indoors in a place that is not home.  I want to get a pedicure. Is that really too much to ask? I want to eat and talk indoors with my friends, instead of grabbing food and going outside to eat.   Is that too much to ask?  I want to stop calculating on how crowded a store is going to be before shopping and skipping shopping if it is too crowded.  Etc etc etc.    

No comments:

Post a Comment