Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hump Day Plus One

Eric actually slept last night, and between John and Eric's aide I got to sleep in until 8:00 am this morning. There was a little cleaning that went on this morning. Only scooba was on duty today. Today Eric and I were in the post hospital funk of being very tired. I don't think either of us got out of first gear. I might have made it out of first gear if I had consumed more caffeine, but I quickly vetoed that idea and went for a lower caffeine tea.  down time is sometimes necessary.

I also broke another pedometer today. I finally figured it out when after running around this morning it was only counting at best every 2 or 3rd step.

I did manage to make it to the spinning wheel today. I carded up some wool and mohair before Eric got sick. The fluff was full of VM and I ran it through the carder 3 times.  It has the constancy of Cotton Candy and spins up very nicely, although I am still pulling VM out of the yarn as I spin. I am hoping that the rest of the VM will come out when I boil the yarn.

If you have any suggestions for getting VM out of fluff please let me know. I am always looking for ways to improve the way I do things.

I am almost finished spinning the super wash merino on the spindle. The last little bit will be done tomorrow and that will be a hat or scarf.  I hope to boil some yarn tomorrow as I have a bunch that needs to be done and the clothes line will be empty tomorrow.

John is giving me a break tomorrow so that I can go to knitting. He and Eric will hang out tomorrow. I want to know if the Syfy channel or PBS will prevail. Well its getting late so I am going to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment