On a recent trip to visit our daughter not only did we get some fantastic family time. I also got to experience some travel nightmares.
My first nightmare involved checking my bag into the airport check in in Tucson going to San Francisco International Airport. Then discovering the next morning that 25% of my lingerie was missing. I usually pack each outfit down to the lingerie in one separate bundle. This means whom ever decided to take the lingerie had to go through my suitcase and unwrap the bundle to get to the lingerie. They even walked off with a brand new pair of compression socks which are quite expensive for the one made without polyester. I mean who deliberately takes used lingerie from someone else’s suitcase. I am pretty sure it has no resale value.
A few days later after lunch in an upscale area of Silicon Valley my wallet was taken from my purse while we were walking around. This involved unzipping my purse and grabbing my wallet. Just maybe it might be time to put DPN’s back into my purse as a deterrent. Yes, I will have to go back to Grandmas Spinning Wheel in Tucson to buy a new wallet. This one event generated a lot of work that is not finished. All the credit cards have been cancelled. We still need to file multiple police reports. Put a fraud alert on my credit report. We are hoping beyond hope that they just took the money and threw away the rest of the wallet.
Getting through the airport was a nightmare. I kept repeating “ What part of my entire wallet was stolen don’t you understand?” After an hour of waiting, giving permission for TSA to go through all my emails, including a full pages of emails having to deal with a lost drivers license and credit cards. Filling out an on line form. Paying $45.00 for the privilege of having my wallet stolen. We were finally allowed to go into the terminal. I need a cuppa of Chai, they had the good recipe from India not the American junk. That brought some calm to me that I had not had since my wallet was stolen.
Well it’s time to call it. I have tons of paperwork to do tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment