Thursday, June 1, 2023

Sheri You Should Know

 After almost 24 years of knitting I have finally figured out that “Sheri you should know” is knitting speak for a yarn shop owner (By the way those shops are no longer in business.) saying I don’t know what to do.  I have no idea how to knit the stuff that I am selling you.  If I make you feel stupid you will just go away…so will my local yarn store with time. 

Well the pattern Anne Shoulder Scarf came up on my UFO rotation. I started it when the kids were in elementary and middle school.  Yeah, as I said it’s been a while.  So it was best to start it over from the beginning. So this morning I have frogged it, which is knit speak for ripping it out.  Cast on again. Gone to youTube to look up how to do the stitches that I still did not know how to do.  So far this morning I have learned 3 new knitting stitches. Yeah me.   I am also 6 rows into the knitting of the pattern “Anne” as designed and knit by Chris Carroll. I am using Schaefer yarn call Anne.  A really nice Superwash Merino, Mohair and Nylon yarn in a variegated pink, yellow and orange color way   

Did you notice that after 6 months post surgery I can knit again.  Yeah hands. 

Well it is time to get my day going so I can find more time to knit.  Have a fantastic day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment