Friday, July 9, 2021

Hyper Drive Knitting

 I have moved into my hyper drive knitting for the summer.  I am knitting with 2 strands of worsted weight cotton held together.  I use US size 13 knitting needles, so these go super fast.   I can finish between 1 and 3 hats a day.  These usually go to the younger children.  I hope by the time I finish this spree I will have one more empty storage box.   This one is 48 quarts and almost empty.   I do get a little crazy with the colors, the kids like bright and colorful hats. 

I usually use some cone yarn with the scraps of yarn from these hats going into regular hats for older kids. By the way, this is the 37th hat of the year.  I also have a full tub of 4 to 6 ounce skeins that I will use to add variety of these hats. 


No comments:

Post a Comment