Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Less is More

Since Eric's 2 trips to the hospital in February, I have not had any extra house keeping help. I have found the cleaning is therapeutic. On top of all the extra of  what I hope is exercise the surprising thing to me is the house is getting cleaner. The counters are starting to shine. The floors are cleaner. Things are getting less cluttered. I find that about 2 hours of cleaning a day makes me feel better too.

Today while I was cleaning I found almost empty shampoo containers shoved in cabinets. A basket of products with expiration dates back to '08 under empty  or half empty cleaning supplies. I guess the advantage of doing it myself is that I can make the executive decisions to combine containers or throw out empty containers.  For the life of me I can not figure out why someone would just toss empty containers in cabinets and close the door. After all isn't that what the recycling containers are for?

On the laundry front I  started doing laundry at 7 am  and took the last load of the day out of the dryer at 6:30 pm. The good news is that I am almost caught up on laundry. I did save 1 basket of folding for tomorrow in favor of sitting down to knit and watch a little TV. I am now about 1/4 of the way through a wool crape shawl, the skein was 1450 yards long and knit on size US - 4 knitting needles. In my defense I can say it will look simply fabulous when it is done.

I even managed to make dinner tonight. OK I cheated with Bertolli Chicken Minestrone Soup and Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. At times I can open packages with the best of them. Well it is getting late and the house now sounds quiet so I think its time to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment