I had unscheduled dental surgery this morning. Even though the local anesthesia is wearing off, I think I’m doing pretty good. I did not have a full blow panic attack either. I did a lot better than a few of the Doctors pieces of equipment that broke during the procedure. Although I am not sure whether doing the procedure being awake was the right thing. Although it’s to late now to change my mind.
I am currently on the mush diet for three weeks. I have no idea how that’s going to effect my blood sugar. It’s mostly mashed potatoes, yogurt, oatmeal, protein, drinks, and pasta, scrambled eggs and anything you can eat without chewing. I am going to try pancakes, I picked up a couple mixes. I also picked up some pea protein To make milkshakes, this will be a great way to eat the last of my summer fruits. Also no straws so I will have to squeeze my applesauce pouches onto a spoon to eat.
I am currently eating Cocojune plain, unsweetened Organic Greek style cultured coconut yogurt. It’s pretty decent and it has 10 g of protein so I guess since it’s the first food I had since last night it should be ok to break the fast.
What is going to annoy Me for the next three weeks, is the fact that I can’t have bread or crackers untill the stitches come out and possibly three weeks after that. No bagels or bread for up to 6 weeks agh!!!
In four months, I get to have dental surgery again, to put the implant in to hold the new crown. I think that should go pretty easy. Then a couple of months after that and my mouth should be better than it is right now.
It is surprising To me that doctors appointment appointments right now are being scheduled into next year. Sunday morning I had a crown fall off. Monday morning I got a dentist appointment. Tuesday morning I had the dental surgery. I think this might have something to do with the economy with people thinking dental work is not as important to their health or not covered by health insurance that they skip it if money is tight.
Well, it’s time to go fill out the paperwork for my next appointment of the week and then to put my feet up and rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment