Friday, July 24, 2026

A Big Change to My Knitting Room

 I am cleaning out my knitting room yet again.  I made a serendipity stop to an estate sale. At the estate sale, I found a beautiful dresser that looks like a cabinet. This will be replacing all the plastic storage in my knitting room. So I’m getting the room ready for the delivery by moving everything out of the way. To give them room to put the new cabinet in.

The old storage containers are all plastic. I will put that picture on top. The new storage container is solid wood. I got a fantastic price of $100 plus a $50 delivery fee. I don’t think I could get anything new or similar in size even in particleboard for the same price. This should bring down the clutter quite a lot because I think it has more storage than my current system. It even has shelf space so I can take baskets off the floor. Isn’t that wonderful?

My old storage containers. They are getting to the point of needing to be replaced. It would cost more than the $100 plus delivery fee to replace them every 4 or 5 years. I am really hoping that the new system pictured below will be a one and done. More money for yarn perhaps. Maybe not, if my family has a vote. After all it is made with solid wood. 



I am hoping that the new system pictured below will be a one and done. After all the cabinet is made of solid wood, not sure what kind though. Even better than that, I am giving the cabinet a new home and life.  This time my serendipity paid off big time. Estate sales can be wonderful if you know what you are looking for. I am also thinking this might have been a custom piece because the cabinet matches the wood floors and matching desk in the home I found it in. 



I found the piece in an estate sale run by Take Heart, Store, Estates & Auctions.  They are located at 463 N. Haskell Avenue, Wilcox, AZ 85643. Their email address is takeheartedtates@gmail.com where they post information about current estate sales and auctions.  Mary is a very nice person to work with.  


No comments:

Post a Comment