Thursday, January 26, 2023

The Award Goes To…

 The Award for Lack Luster Quality Control in a Mid Range yarn goes to Cascades Yarns, Eco Cloud.  For a mid range yarn going for $14.95 a skein when I bought it. I give this award in the spirit of everyone gets awards for everything now a days.  

Please note the store I bought it from is no longer in business.

 With a 75% failure rate. I bought 4 skeins for a shawl.  Only 1 skein had no breakage. It was stored in a plastic tub. There are no pets in my home. 

Let’s be clear about something up front.  The yarn industry standards allow for up to 5 knots per skein.  I only had 1 knot in the 4 skeins. Which is very good.  It exceeds industry standards. I am not sure of the industry standard for the number of loose strands of yarn allowed per skein.  I will have to look that up someday when I am not so frustrated. In my small sample it ranged from zero to 4. As seen in the picture below. 

This yarn gave my squirrel cage a hard time today. I have never seen yarn knot in the middle with my squirrel cage. I have never seen so many loose ends in a single project worth of yarn.  There should have been a total of 8 ends, instead ther were 26. Yikes. That averages out to 3 separate pieces per skein.  I even had pieces of yarn fall to the floor. I sure hope it knits better than it caked up.

I will spend a lot of time doing European joins so that I have less ends to weave in.  

Please be aware that this is my opinion of the yarn. I bought the yarn because it’s so soft and natural. If you have had a better experience with Cascades Yarns, Echo Clouds please be sure to tell them.



No comments:

Post a Comment