Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Done

 The never ending blanket was finished tonight, although I promised a picture it was too late and dark. I did spend 2 full hours weaving in the ends. I filled my tiny scrap fiber bowl up. I will take pictures tomorrow.  After washing I might be able to skip blocking because it looks good and all the edges are straight. 

I found the the blocks for the next blanket are so hap hazard that I will instead use one block for the beginning square of several different blankets. This is the “1” blanket someone left in my knitting basket at guild.  By the way this is a big no no.    I am using very small knitting needles for the next batch a US size 4 or 5. Much to small for a solid blanket. If you are a newer knitter please don’t consider any blanket with knitting needles smaller than an 8.  The yarn is so thin that I am using weaving warp yarn for the next series of blankets.  Thank goodness the squares are cotton.  

It’s time to call it a night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment