Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Worn Out DPN’s

 Well it is that time again.  I have worn out another set of U.S. size 13 (9.0mm) rosewood double pointed knitting needles.  Because I knit so many hats a year my wooden knitting needles tend to wear out fairly quickly.   I like rosewood because they last longer than the much less expensive bamboo needles.  I usually can get 50 to 60 hats out of the bamboo knitting needles.  I can usually get a 2 to 3 of years out of the rosewood knitting needles.  

By worn out I really mean that the wood is splintering.   No amount of sanding or beeswax will fix them at this point.  I really hate splinters and I don’t want the kids to get them either.  So I pulled out my spares and will throw out the much loved double pointed knitting needles.  Then I will look for a good sale to replace my spares.  


No comments:

Post a Comment