Ok, I know that in some things that I am the most impatient person in the world. I could give any 10 year old kid a run for their money. Take my hand for instance. The stitches have completely healed and my hand should be 100% in my humble opinion. I am so wrong about this. Everything below the surface takes longer to heal than the stitches. So these are my new temporary rules to live by.
1. No folding laundry, seriously my hand throbbed for 8 hours after folding one load. The therapist took that off my plate for now.
2. If it hurts stop, do not continue. Whatever it is.
3. No putting my hand in odd positions to accomplish anything.
4. Do my therapy 3 times a day. I now have 3 exercises, one involves knitting needles....Really....
5. Reintroduce my hands to textures, it's part of the healing processes. Sounds odd to me, but I will try it.
6. Take things slowly, things should get better in time. This is the hard one for me.
7. Make time for rest breaks, although it is just my left hand that has to heal. Apparently the whole body goes through the healing transition. I really don't get this concept. But I will do my best to follow the rules.
So it is time to rest before Eric gets home.