Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Wanna Bee's


This is an open letter to all Printshop Owners and People who want to second guess my art.

Dear Print Shop Professional,

Your staff screwed up beyond belief today. I won't be coming back. Thank goodness it was a very limited run.  Not only did your staff MUCK with the color of my new knitting pattern turning a medium blue into a dark royal blue after, yes I said after my color approval.  The reason is because they thought it looked better. if your employee wants to be an artist fine, yes really.  That does not give them the right to MUCK up my artwork.  The blue almost black your employee turned the picture made the picture worthless to the knitters who will be using the new pattern. Not only that but you charged 80 cents more per copy than last year. $1.00 per copy this year verses 20 cents a copy last year.  Inflation is just not running that high around here.  

Depending on the size and scope of the project it can take me any where from 20 to 80 hours or more from design,to knitting the sample,to getting the finished pattern out the door.  This is why I am so mad. If they wanted to get into the act of this pattern design, they should have showed up in early January. 

Now I will take the high road and not mention your print shop by name.  I have no idea why you hired this person in the first place and frankly I really don't care.  What I do care about is getting my project done right, yes my way.  Also be aware that not everyone has an eye for color. There is a world of difference between a verigated medium blue and a royal or black blue. So if you or your employee does not have an eye for color, just don't mess with my color.  Don't presume that I don't my colors and won't notice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment