Monday, January 10, 2011

At a Loss

Right now I am at kind of a loss about a lot of things. It had started Saturday and by now I am sure the whole world knows about what has happened outside my Safeway in Tucson. I had planed to go to the event but chores got in the way of me being there at 10 am.

I still have at least 1 person I know, whom is still in ICU and still facing more surgeries. My Safeway is still closed and the other stores around me are nice they are definitely not my Safeway. I worry about friends who work or have small business in that mall and how they are faring. It is my sincere hope that this one random act of craziness will not hurt their business in the long term.

Aside from the Safeway there is a Coldstone Creamery, China Phoenix ( a personal note here, this is one of my favorites and the dim sum is something to write home about) a locally owned franchises of La Salsa and Honey Baked Ham. A local favorite called Beyond Bread , 2 banks, a dry cleaners, pet store, nail salon, a pharmacy and a few other small business.

Life will not be quite the same but I am hoping that all those who were injured make a speedy recovery and can get back to some semblance of normal. My thought and prayers go out to the families who have lost loved ones. I my heart I have to believe that they are all now with Gd.

I have to move past this one random act of craziness and move forward, but I find it hard to do with what seems like the whole worlds media attention focused on my little corner of the world. Well it is time to go put Eric to bed. May peace be with you this week.

1 comment:

  1. We were so relived when we learned you weren't there and were safe. Hugs from your family out here.

    ReplyDelete