Monday, June 15, 2009

Birthdays

This week I turn 50. It is a time of new beginnings. Every year I re-evaluate my life. Every 5 years I make a change and every 10 years I try to make a major change . At 25, I got married. At 30, I had given birth to the last of my two beautiful children. At 35, I moved to Tucson, Arizona with my husband and 2 kids. At 40, I decided to immerse myself in education by taking religious studies classes and increasing the number of books I read. At 45, I learned to knit... And now, at 50, this dear reader is the year of major change for me.

My oldest child is heading off to law school in a few months and I strongly suspect that this will be our last great mother- daughter time. I know that it will come in bits and pieces from now on and I will really miss the good times I enjoy with my daughter, she is a blessing in my life.

My youngest is starting down the road of 12+ , its a road for the few in our society that are severely disabled and do not have much of a chance for independence. It's one last ditch effort of the school system to get the young adults to their highest potential.

So in the mists of all this chaos, I have decided to use my creative energy to start an on-line business and blog, my major change for the big 5-0. So come and join me on this journey though 50+. In addition to this blog, you can find me on ArtFire.com at my online shop, www.artfire.com/users/Handmade~by~Sheri, and you can follow me on twitter at @skaro964. I have no idea where any of this is going, but that resembles my life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment