Monday, June 15, 2015

Lace Weight Yarn

I don't know about you but as a newer knitter I got caught up in the lace weight yarn, anyone can knit lace craze.  After all it looked so pretty. Did I mention how soft the yarn was. How the colors looked so pretty.  All you have to do is yarn overs and knit 2 or 3 stitches together. Just follow the chart, yes I did learn to read charts. So I got something out of the craze.  But and this is a big but, nobody told me it could take hours to knit a row without interruption.  If I did get interrupted I would need to rip out part or all of a row, or worse yet have to go back to the life line. Whom ever came up with lace knitting oh so long ago never had a child with the needs of Eric. 

Fast forward to 2015. I have a solution to all my lace weight yarn that I can not seem to resell.  Hats, yes hats.  I found by accident that if I wind the yarn into cakes and pull yarn from both the inside and outside of the cake and knit with U.S. Size 6 knitting needles.  It is a perfect light weight winter hat for climates such as Tucson.  

Here is the first hat in progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment