Monday, June 10, 2013

Swimming

Yesterday we took Eric swimming in our pool for the first time in about 7 years. It does take 2 people to get Eric in and out of the pool. I knew Eric had got taller lately, well in the last 2 or 3 years, but it did not register how much taller he is than me. I took Eric "walking" around the pool which required Eric to stick his bottom out so that he could rest his head on my shoulder. Eric has a good 5 inches on me now. He is also much heavier than he was way back then. I was so glad that we had 3 adults to handle him in the pool. He rotated from adult to adult the whole time we were in there. The pool water was a little cold for him at 89 degrees so John put the solar cover back on so we can warm it up a bit for next weekend.

Since he is so much bigger than 7 years ago we will need to look into a better ramping system to get him out to the pool. We will need a higher ramp at the back door. We will also need to add one from the patio deck to the pool deck. I am sure that John can figure something out and build it. The second ramp will also have to be off set from the first one so that we can open the pool gate.

It has been so long since we were able to get Eric in the backyard pool. I had forgotten how much fun we all have. I hope we get to swim more this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment