Tuesday, June 25, 2013

MTBF

Well I am glad that nights like last night with Eric being eyrpy and sick all night are getting less frequent then when he was in school. When Eric was in school we counted the actual days he made it to school. In his last year of High School he missed 6 out of the 9 months. Eric's MTBF* is now running between 30 and 45 days at a time. This makes it a little easier to stay up for 20 or 22 hours straight. I did manage to grab a nap today around 4:30 am for a couple of hours. I also grabbed a second one after lunch.

Eric is feeling better and his temperature is finally under 100f and the eyrping has stopped. He will still be home tomorrow. I am hoping that he will be well enough to get out of bed for a while. I would really like to start Eric back on formula tomorrow.

Last night I did manage to get 5 loads washed plus 4 more this morning. I am happy to say that Eric made only 6 out of the 9 total loads. I still have 2 loads to fold but I am positive that they will wait for me to fold  until tomorrow. Not that being up with a sick child most of the night is ever a good thing, but to put a positive spin on it, I got all 9 loads of laundry run through the washer and dryer before it hit 95f at about 10 am this morning. I am not quite sure what the high was today but at noon it was around 102f and that is not the peak temperature of the day.

I do admit that I did do a lot of knitting, enough to make me regret not taking any time to spin, just ask my elbow.   Although nothing got finished. I am quite positive that I will get my PhD* in knitting quite soon. I worked on at least 4 projects during the last 24 hours adding a few inches on this project or that. I really think I was much to tired to really think about serious knitting, in other words getting something off the needles or a project done that involved counting. I did not even have the energy to do any finishing work. This is very bad because the pile is getting very large.

Well it does sound like Eric has fallen asleep so I will take advantage of the moment and get some sleep.

*MTBF - Mean Time Between Failures
*PhD - Projects half done

No comments:

Post a Comment