Sunday, April 14, 2013

Another Kick Bad Day

We had the second lay low day in a row. John managed to get the pool cover on. We might even be able to swim this summer.

John and I did some deep cleaning this morning. I worked on the garage for about 15 minutes. Then it was the cabinets over the washer and dryer. We got rid of all the paper phone books. We now have a shelf for pool stuff, sponges, and mop heads. I have a wide selection of mops because some of Eric's aides have a strong preference for particular mop. Roomba and Scooba share a shelf. I was really glad that John was there to help. Having a tall person really helped. I have trouble reaching anything but the bottom shelf unless I am wearing heals or climbing a ladder.

I spent the rest day spinning and doing laundry. I got to spin Shetland wool for the first time today. I really liked the long staple of the fiber. It seemed like about 6 inches long. I learned that I could not let the twist get to close to the wheel or I would have a messy twisty mess on my hands. It was an easy spun, but much too course for anything close to the skin. I am thinking either rug yarn, weaving or felting. So it is going to be a single ply.

Not much knitting got done. But I think I might have lots of time tomorrow. Eric is making that funny face. So I think I will call it an early night so as not to repeat the headache of this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment