Monday, June 4, 2012

A First for Eric

Today was a new first for Eric. He made his way into adulthood, he started his day program. So I spent the day training and answering questions about Eric. I think the day went well and things will get better as time goes on. I mean how can you flirt or express your independence with your mother in the same room?

As the day progressed I was able to step back and watch the interactions in the room and liked what I saw. I find it amazing that people seem to forget I am there when I was knitting or spinning. I wonder if they thought I was not paying attention to them?  Of course things will have to be fine tuned for Eric and that will not happen over night.

Not much else got done today, but that is OK with me. I felt it was more important to get Eric off to a good start then to do chores.  Now to gather the energy to do the things that needed to be done while I was with Eric today.

No comments:

Post a Comment