Thursday, March 10, 2011

Contest Winner Announced and Other Things

First of all I would like to say that Ashley is the winner of the Cooking Disasters contest. Ashley Please let me know if you want cotton or wool for knitting or felting or a mixture of everything.

Well I finally got Eric back to school yesterday. It was a long one this time but I am happy to say that he has his smile back. So I went all over Tucson yesterday doing long put off errands and charity runs. I have also been cleaning like mad and almost have a totally clean front room to show for it.

My spinning is progressing nicely I have gotten some of my single ply down to 18 wpi (wraps per inch) which gives me a dk ( double knit) weight yarn. Plying is still giving me a devil of a time, but later this month John will make me a plying box that others on Raverly say work well with hand spindles for plying.

I also have a question for any spinners out there. I have one small sample  silver that I messed up while trying to ply. Can this be re carded or should I just wash it and put it in my pin weaving as an artist accent?

Yes I did take a virtual mommy day off today. So far only 2 loads of trash out, 2 loads of laundry done, run the dishwasher and took a nap. Well its time to go do my hair. We have a sitter for Eric tonight. So enjoy your families and have a great evening. Later all.

No comments:

Post a Comment