Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kitchen Disasters A New Contest

We have all had kitchen disasters and some of them are very funny. Take the time when I was about 9 and attempting to cook dinner on my own, so I could get a Girl Scout Cooking badge. Well lets just say I was just awful at fractions at the time and when the recipe called for 3/4 cup of cooking sherry, I thought it meant 3 or 4 cups of sherry. Well you can all see where that one went. Sometimes we just burn the food other times we just use the wrong ingredients as a substitute and disaster strikes.

What this contest is about is your most outrageous cooking disasters of all time. Please keep it clean as this is a family blog. The prize will be either a $25.00 gift certificate to my store or a Medium Flat rate box filled to the brim with yarn, your choice. You have until midnight MST on February 28th to submit your kitchen disasters. Please feel free to post a link to this contest in your blog, The more stories the better.

We will have the usual panel of judges. Good luck and lets hear those stories.

2 comments:

  1. My cooking disaster! I was making Rice-A-Roni which called for 1 and 1/3 cup of water. I thought it said ONE 1/3 of a cup of water... OOPS!!! I put it in the microwave, and out came a BIG, BLACK rice patty. It was the grossest thing I've ever seen. Needless to say... I learned my lesson about reading recipes correctly!

    Ashley

    P.S. I left you with my Rav URL to contact me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I think I missed the deadline, but I still want to share this with you: It is a classic "oh no, I forgot the baking powder" story, except I realised it when the cake was half baked and decided to salvage it by pulling the cake out and mixing the powder into the half-baked batter. Let's just say it did nothing to improve the texture or taste... and to add injury to insult, I managed to burn my hand on the oven in the process.
    Lesson learned: if you've forgotten the baking powder, just let it go. And: The more important the auccess of your cooking/baking, the higher the likelihood of something going wrong.
    Ilina

    ReplyDelete