Friday, December 24, 2010

We Are All Together

We have been having great family time. We have Teri home with us for a few weeks between terms at school. Eric has been enjoying having Teri at home.

I managed to finish a new pair of mittens for Eric on the ride down and finished a wool hat which promptly went on my head to keep it warm. My new cowl was perfect for the cold wet weather.

We took the kids to Disneyland and had a great time even through the rain. Some highlights included the Winnie the Pooh Ride, It's a Small World, Buzz Light Year,Toy Story Arcade Ride. The guys were better then Teri and I at the arcade games. The Grand Californian Hotel was a very nice hotel with great staff who went out of their way to make our stay wonderful. Due to the rain we did not get any pictures. Looking back I am wondering if we went at the right time.  It was so wet the Disneyland did not even let Mini and Mickey out...so what were we doing?

My mom, older sister and niece even drove down to have dinner with us one night. The food at the Story Teller Cafe was wonderful.  Both kids seemed to wind down after 2 days with rain and fun. We found out what a code V was and no I am not going to tell you.. this you will have to find out on your own.

With the weather getting worse and both kids under the weather we left a day early. We did drive through the rain on the way home but got out of the worst of it before the Governor of California declared a state of emergency due to the rain. Both kids are feeling better and we plan to have a great time for the rest of Teri's time at home.

Well I need to get the day going. So have fun and enjoy your families.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made it home safely and that the kids are feeling better. I'm sorry I wasn't able to join you for dinner, but I just couldn't work it out around work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fiber Arts Friday Sheri! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking on Fiber Arts Friday. Yes, visiting Disney in the rain isn't choice, is it? We went to Disney World the second week of January a few years ago and it was "cold". Overall no rain except the day that we went to Epcot. Just as I was to finally meet Beauty and the Beast in person (two of my favorites) the rain started. Fortunately they led me and few others into Belle's Library for our photos. My kids were totally against the photos but I told them I didn't want them in them. It was my photo turn with Belle and Beast. Ah, the memories.

    Merry Christmas and Happy Fiber Arts Friday. Hope to see you link in again.

    ReplyDelete