Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Am I Getting Old?

Well it had to happen sometime, that sign that in my humble opinion that one is getting old. A nice woman in her 30's rushed to open the door for me while I was out on my errands. I did not even have Eric with me. The only thing I was holding was my purse. I was gracious and did say thank you, but it did leave me a little shaken, did I look that old? Did I look my age?
On my next stop after that I rushed to the ladies room to check to see if I was getting visibly older. No crow’s feet or major wrinkles; thank goodness. No visible grey thanks to that lovely little bottle of color. People always seem taken aback when I reveal my age; this is not anything new. But I must have crossed that invisible line and now look old; I guess it's time to throw that vanity out the window and try to age gracefully.
Since I have played hooky all day it’s time to go get some housework done. I have a young man in the house who thinks his main chore is to make laundry so I will have something to do when he feels well enough to go to school.

Have a great evening and enjoy your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment