Friday, September 18, 2009

A Salute to Spinners Everywhere

I tried my hand at spinning yesterday at the guild meeting. I would like to say that I was a total flop. The only 2 things I was good at was breaking the yarn and over winding the yarn back into the batt. Hands that are good at knitting are not necessarily good at spinning. Although Helga was kind and said that it took a while to learn and when hands are flared with arthritis it is not a good time to start to learn to spin.

I would say with out a doubt that all the spinners jobs are safe, I will not be joining your ranks any time soon. I would love to say that I could sit and watch someone spin for hours, I find that very relaxing. You are all wonderful artists. Thank you all for reviving the hand spun yarn movement.

I hope that this does not exclude me from buying all the hand spun yarn I would like. I do like unique and one of a kind items.

No comments:

Post a Comment