Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Red Pot Soup Recipe

You may have noticed that I put a large Le Creuset pot in my Amazon favorites box. So I will give you an easy recipe to go along with it.

1 to 2 pounds of stew meat or chicken cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
1 package of Streits dry soup mix any flavor
1 pound of frozen mixed vegetables
any vegetables just hang around in the fridge, diced in 1'' cubes

In the Le Creuset pot add the olive oil and meat, season with salt and pepper. Brown meat till well browned and no pink showing.

Add 5 cups of water and bring to a boil. skim the pot of any crud that bubbles to the top. Add the large bag with the main ingredients and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes. Add the seasoning bag and simmer for 15 more minutes.

Add the frozen mixed vegetables and any other handy vegetables and simmer about 1 hour more. I usually pile the vegetables to with in a 1/2 inch of the top and cover. At this point I stir about every 10 to 15 minutes and then after an hour put the pot on low check the broth level and stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.

I like to cook this soup for 2 to 4 hours, the more time it has on low the better.

For the Vegan option just leave the meat and the olive oil out.

This soup taste even better reheated.

Please try this and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment