Saturday, August 8, 2009

I did finish the audio version of Sophie Kinsella's new book, Twenties Girl . It is the summer must read. Since it is mid August You might want to save this book for the first day of school when you can take some me time. This book is suitable for older children to listen to, although being classic chick-lit you might not get you other half to listen to it.

The book goes into the details of Lara Lington's adventures with her recently departed Great Aunt Sadie. Aunt Sadie is looking for the necklace that her parents gave her as a young woman in the 1920's. Lara's search for the perfect man, will it be the long time boy friend or the intriguing American Consultant? Lara is also trying to run a viable business with a flaky friend who has run off on holiday. Will Lara survive her business partners exploits?

Lara's family has its own issues and personality clashes and not everything is as it seems on the surface of things. I do like the way Lara interacts with her family and I love the end results of her efforts.

This book does scream sequel and I would not mind following Lara for a few more books. Ms. Kinsella can we please have a few more books about Lara?

The twists and turns in the book will keep your attention and at 6 1/2 hours it is not a very long book. If you decide to rip this book to your MP3 player be prepared to take about 25 hours to down load. This was my only problem with the book. My suggestion would be to listen to the disks in the car and only rip it if you want to take it out for a run.

In the effort to keep this an honest and ethical blog, I would like to tell you that my husband bought the book for my daughter and I because we adore Sophie Kinsella's books and he did not want us to be disappointed if it was not available locally on the day it came out. No one is paying me to review this book, If however you decide to buy the book after reading this review and use the link on the left corner of my blog to Amazon I will get a commission from Amazon.

Have a wonderful day and if you decide to read Twenties Girl I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment