Sunday, January 12, 2020

A New Pattern in Progress

My head is reeling. I have just spent 3 hours translating my knitting notes into a new pattern to be released later this week. Can anyone explain to me why it is so much easier to design and knit the prototype then it is to "just" type up my notes into a usable pattern. If you think the pictures are set in the pattern well all I can do is laugh and say how funny you are. That will take me another few hours. Then a few more to add it to Raverly.

When I started designing patterns nobody said anything about knowing graphic design. Even that your notes should be very copious, even if it does not get put into the pattern. Given all this I still enjoy the process of design. I hope you enjoy my patterns.

I thank Gd for Microsoft word. I can't imagine doing this on an Underwood or even a Selectric typewriter. So a very well earned Thank You to the software engineers at Microsoft.

Now to go figure out how not to lose my pictures in the computer or dinner. Whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment