Sunday, June 7, 2015

A long night

I am not quite sure what to make of last night.  I spent from 10 to 11 pm helping Eric clear his lungs. Followed by a complete change out, which resulted in a full load of laundry started just after 11 pm. Yes, if I have a full load I will start it any time of the day or night. I got back to Eric's room just in time for a seizure that seemed to last forever,but in reality was only about 2 minutes long. I helped Eric through the seizure aftermath and stayed with him until he feel asleep. 

I was able to get to bed by 12:30am, which turned into a short nap for me. At 3:15 am I was up with a very noisy and uncomfortable Eric. I started out with physical therapy, which helped a little. Then it was time to try to figure out what else was bothering him.  20 questions followed by a meter reading for O2 levels, normal, followed by temperature with a reading of 100.7. I found the problem. Then it was Tylenol followed by holding on to Eric until the Tylenol started to work and he calmed down.  

I got another nap at 6 am and I feel just like Eric and Elmo look, in need of a nap. Then again there are so many things to do today.  I may find time for a nap later, in the mean time it will not be a good idea to get between my caffeine and me.  

Have a great day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment