Sunday, February 8, 2015

Tired

I have not been writing much lately. I seem to be to tired when I usually write my blog. The following is NOT a new years resolution. I have been trying to get to the gym 6 days a week to ride the recumbent bike. I really wanted to fix up my bike from the 1970's and ride around the neighborhood. But the streets are not as safe for bike riding as John would like, so I head to the gym. I am not doing this for anyone but me. I just think I need to move more. My initial goal was 15 minutes a day and now I do 45 minutes a day.

I am also walking more. When I got my FitBit in June,  I was doing 2 to 3 thousand steps a day. Now my daily goal is 11,000 steps a day, which I meet 6 out of 7 days last week.  With a long term goal of 100,000 steps a week.

So considering how out of shape I am this is enough to make me tired. Throw in a few long nights with Eric and a few flare ups,  you can see why I have been so tired. Some nights I am too tired to knit or spin, so a little less knitting is getting done. I am needing a shot of caffeine in the late afternoon to make it to bedtime. Somehow Eric will not go for a 4 pm bedtime. I really can't figure out why.

My long term hope is to have a little more energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment