Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 8

My hands are doing better. I have limited use of my hands. I can do most of my household chores that do not require hand strength. That gives me a lot of time to get rid of small stuff. I have made great progress in the craft room. I can knit a few rows before my hands get tired so I am not pushing it.

I have been doing a lot of weaving on the rigid heddle loom. I am also doing a lot of experimenting. Today I discovered that if a yarn is to springy it does not make a good warp. Yes I will finish the scarf, but use some of the yarn in the scarf. I also discovered that if I am using a lot of different weight yarns in different colors I need more shuttles. I am also glad that I have a comb as the heddle does not do well on curves. So here is a picture in progress. Sorry for the sideways picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment