Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mona's Danish Bakery

My friend Marge and I revisited Mona's Danish Bakery for lunch today. We had sandwiches for lunch and they were very good. Marge had the hot Turkey sandwich and she said it was made to perfection "with real turkey" not the compressed turkey most places use. She also said that she would order the hot turkey sandwich next time we go there.  I had the cold Roast Beef sandwich with out the cheese. It had just the right amount of horseradish and mayonnaise on a Danish hard roll. This was very much like the sandwiches that Teri and I indulged in when I dropped her off at the University of East Angelia in Norwich.

I would also like to say that the iced tea was wonderful and brewed to perfection. The lemons were cut fresh and when the bowl was empty the next lemon was sliced. Little things like fresh brewed tea and firm lemons say a lot of good things about the staff at Mona's.

The Bakery is a full service bakery, with a  whole line of pastries, cookies, cakes and bread.  Marge said the small fresh fruit tart was very good and a must have again. They have a breakfast, lunch menu and kids menu. The soup is freshly made and changes daily.

Mona's Danish Bakery is located at 4777 E Sunrise Drive Suite 113. It is at the NE corner of Swan and Sunrise. The hours are Monday through Saturday from 7 am to 5 pm. There is take out and casual seating available. You place your order at the counter and they bring it out to your table.

The opinions expressed here are my own and I paid for lunch. I did not ask if I could blog about the wonderful food at Mona's Danish Bakery but since the food was so wonderful I wanted to share my experience with everyone. If asked by the owner I will take down this blog. My hope is that you will try the wonderful food here and bring friends back with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment