Sunday, July 4, 2010

Toasted Hands

You have read about the fundraiser for Eric's camp. I have been trying to make a large basket full of handmade items. With so little time I decided to pull out the crochet hook because it is a lot faster than knitting. But after only four days I can sadly report that my hands are toast. They are swollen and stiff. I will finish the one wash cloth I have on the hook.

Yes I will still make items for the sale but at a much slower pace with my knitting needles. So this morning I will look for fast, easy and small items to knit for the sale. I am also thankful for my friends like Nancy of  knittinancy http://www.artfire.com/users/knittinancy who has donated 2 wash clothes to the sale. By the way check out her shop she makes wonderful bean bags and is one of our area best knitting teachers. I know that she has made my knitting much better, and I am not the best student in the world.

So I am off to look for some patterns and do some knitting. Enjoy your families and have a very safe and happy July 4th weekend. Please be sure to use your designated drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment