Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother's Day

Well today was Mothers Day in the United States and all in all I had an ideal Mothers Day. I got to sleep in until 8 am, which is a luxury. We had a very slow morning followed by Dim Sum (Chinese sweet treats) for brunch. Followed by a quick trip to pick up odds and ends at the supermarket.


I do admit that I got a small chink in my armor today at the checkout line. I have not seen many of Eric’s friends from school since they graduated from high school. One of his friends was our cashier today, I am so proud of her; she is at the University of Arizona now. I did forget to ask what her major was; however. There was just enough emotion to make me a bit sad. I am happy for Eric’s friend and sad for all the roads Eric will never travel in this life.

When we got home we watched the movie the Invention of Lying, all in all a pretty good movie. During the Movie I got a quick call from Teri wishing me happy Mother’s Day. I did get a lot of knitting done today, a little on Teri’s blanket, a little on a baby blanket that I keep in Eric’s room, and a little on a lovely Llama and mohair scarf. I know I have multiple projects going, but it is more convenient to have different projects in different areas of the house and car.

John made a lovely salad for dinner and I cut the bread for the sandwiches which we each assembled to our own liking. We watched a little more TV after dinner and I did some more knitting and blogging.

Well it is now time to get ready for bed. 6:00 am comes awfully early. So have a great night and enjoy your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment