Thursday, October 15, 2009

A busy yet fun day.

It is never all work and no play for long. Today and tomorrow Eric has Fall Break. I don't know why he has 2 random days off in the middle of October, but that is the way it is.

I took Eric with me to the knitting guild meeting today. I had 4 hats to drop off for the winter charity drive for low income children in Northern Arizona. I also finished 1 more hat at the meeting. Helga said that they still needed more hats and asked if I could make a few more and drop them off next week, so I said OK. The meeting started at 9:30 and we left at 10 am to go home and meet Eric's help for the mid day shift.

It was off to Jacob's Park where they have the Milagros play ground. The Milagros play ground is the only totally wheelchair accessible play structure in Tucson. Funded and built by the local Rotary Club. Those wonderful people just might not know what a wonderful gift that they gave to the community. Eric spent an hour playing with his aid. It was a perfect day for the park, the temperatures were in the low 80's with a slight breeze.

Then it was off to lunch and now it is rest time for Eric. The laundry is going, at least 3 loads today. I just love these totally mellow days, I wish I had more of them. The pace is just a lot slower than usual and it is so nice to have a mellow day. It does not matter that the arthritis is flared up and my body does not want to move or that there is a lot of laundry to do, bills to pay dishes to clean up.. well you get the picture. The work never stops around here.

I hope you are having a mellow day today too. Please enjoy your families.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving a suggestion over at my blog. I decided to rip the yarn out and knit it into wrist-warmers, I know someone who can use them.

    I've been reading your blog & your patience and calmness seems to be a blessing. A nice mellow fall day sounds perfect to me, even filled with chores (because having things and people to clean for is good, in it's way, too.)

    Wishing you well, going to be following your posts now.

    ReplyDelete